Tuesday 24 July 2012

Rocket Salad with Melon, Parma Ham and Mozzarella

This is the perfect summer salad.

I found the recipe in the Allerhande Magazine from Albert Heijn, a local supermarket.
It's absolutely lovely.

Melon, parma ham, rocket, mozzarella.... need I say more?
Yes, in fact I do, it is also pretty low in calories and I really loved it.


Here is the link to the original recipe (in Dutch).

Here is my slightly modified version:



Ingredients:
1/2 cantaloup melon
1 bag rucola (I added some additional lettuce just because we like our greens!)
150 g Parma ham
Buffalo mozzarella (approx. 125 g)
3 tb balsamic vinegar reduction
1tb olive oil (extra vierge)
a scattering of pine nuts


Serves 4. 

Method:
Clean the melon, peel and slice into medium sized pieces.
Scatter the rocket leaves over four plates and place the pieces of melon on top.
Tear the parma ham and mozzarella into pieces and divide over the plates.
Drizzle the balsamic vinegar reduction and the olive oil over the salad.
Sprinkle some pine nuts on top.

Serve with fresh bread and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...