Tuesday 7 August 2012

Easy Cookies

Heidi wanted to bake cookies.
Not like I need an excuse...
With limited ingredients in my cupboard I found a recipe that looked simple enough.

I wanted to make cookies with jam in them but Heidi said no.
I figured I better make something she will eat or else I'll be stuck with a whole lot of cookies and one unhappy child.

The cookies were very easy to make and tasted delicious.
Sweeter than I prefer, but I had to hide them from Heidi because she absolutely loved them and tried to eat them all!



Here is the link to the recipe on the Good Food channel, it was adapted from a Rachel Allen recipe.

Here is a copy:

Ingredients
225 g butter, at room temperature
110 g caster sugar
275 g plain flour
ground spices, or finely grated zest (optional - I used a teaspoon of vanilla essence and a dash of cinnamon)

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.

2. Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until soft and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is pale and fluffy.

3. Sift in the flour and spices or grated zest (if using) and bring the mixture together to form a firm dough.

4. Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place them slightly apart on a baking tray (no need to grease or line). Flatten them slightly with the back of a damp fork and bake in the oven for 13–15 minutes, or until they are light golden brown and slightly firm on top.

5. Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...