Thursday 7 February 2013

Blueberry Muffins

Friends of ours were coming over for lunch and I decided to bake muffins for dessert.
Specifically blueberry muffins.
Now I know it does not really sound like dessert.
But that did not stop me.
Besides, I already had all the ingredients for blueberry muffins.



I found a Donna Hay recipe on this site.
The main reason I picked this recipe is because everything is measured in cups and grams. See, my scale died on me and I still had to go and buy a new battery so weighing ingredients was not really an option.

In retrospect I'm wondering if I shouldn't just have run to the shop for that battery before I started baking. My mixture was pretty dry... and that made me worry.

Luckily the muffins turned out beautifully.
Everyone agreed.
Definitely a recipe worth repeating.


Blueberry Muffins
Recipe by Donna Hay
(makes 12)

Ingredients
2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
1 egg
½ cup (125ml) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g fresh or frozen blueberries
granulated sugar, for sprinkling

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Place the oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and mix to combine.
4. Spoon mixture into a 12-hole ½-cup capacity (125ml) muffin tin lined with paper patty cases. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.

I suggest serving them with cream.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...