Thursday 12 September 2013

Jamie Oliver's Strawberry Ice Cream

I'm a sucker for anything easy and delicious and when I saw this video on YouTube I was sold. I even froze my strawberries the very next day.

Unfortunately it took a month or two before I finally made the ice cream. I must admit that my food processor was quite full but it might be because I was a little confused about the yoghurt quantity mentioned in the video and added 500ml instead of 250ml shown in the recipe on the website... doesn't matter since it still turned out great! It is very easy and we all loved eating it. I'm thinking it is time to freeze some more strawberries! (or just buy them already frozen if you want to make your life even easier!)



Here is a link to the recipe on jamieoliver.com and here is a copy:

Ingredients
500 g frozen strawberries
250 ml natural fat-free yoghurt
1 tablespoon runny honey
Optional:
a splash of Pimms (I used a strawberry liqueur and it worked well for me!)

Method
Add the frozen strawberries to a food processor, along with the yoghurt, honey and Pimms, if using. Whiz for a few seconds, or until smooth, then scoop immediately with a hot dessert spoon and pop into serving bowls.

Easy right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...