Tuesday 18 June 2013

Carrot and Potato Croquettes





I have always said that I will never ever buy a deep fat fryer.
And I stand by that statement.
However the other night when I was making these croquettes I really wished I had one.
I hardly ever have the urge to deep fry anything but these croquettes need to be fried allright.
They turned out quite well... although I managed to burn the oil after the first batch (how does that even happen?!?) and a few of them simply fell apart when they hit the oil.
It was quite the experiment that started all because I bought some japanese breadcrumbs and wanted to use them.

In the end I made two separate batches:
  • Vegetarian croquettes with only potato and carrots.
  • And then I made a special batch for the husband and I with garlic, bacon, potato and carrots. 
My husband was in croquette heaven.
I was relieved to have the deep fry experiment over and done with.

This is good kids food and a lovely side dish.
(but it is really hard work so don't say I didn't warn you!)

Here is the link to the recipe which I adapted to the ingredients I had at home.



1 comment:

  1. Haha, "croquette heaven"! I'd like to go there too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...