Thursday 19 September 2013

Rice Pudding with Left Over Rice

Yes, yet another first for me.
My husband simply loves rice pudding and I have never really been a big fan of it.
Not sure why, because the rice pudding I made was pretty damn good.
My husband was a very happy man and the kids also emptied their bowls.
Left over rice will never be wasted again!



Here is a link to the recipe on slashfood.com and here is a copy (I adapted the recipe to the quantity of rice I had left over):

2 cups leftover cooked white rice
3 cups milk (any kind)*
1/2 cup sugar
small pinch salt
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
pinch nutmeg, optional

Combine cooked rice, milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and stir in the vanilla and raisins. Cook until just about all of the milk is absorbed (30-45 minutes, depending on how absorbent your rice is). Stir in cinnamon and/or nutmeg, if using.

Divide rice pudding into individual serving dishes serve warm or chilled.
Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...