Wednesday 8 January 2014

Cupcake Treats for School

I feel like I've been baking every day. Which is not true, it has only been every week but still, I have been baking up a storm.

Heidi turned 6 on Monday and had to take treats for school. So I found a bag of funcakes cupcake mix and decided to cheat a little. You simply need to add (a lot of) eggs and butter to the mix and there you go! The muffins turned out quite well. Heidi wanted buttercream icing in shades of pink, red and purple...  I finished it with the cutest little windmill decorations from the Hema and Heidi loved it.

Since I made and decorated the cupcakes at night and we had to leave for school before sunrise the photos are not great... but you get the idea!



Just in case you missed the recipe last week, here is a copy of my standard buttercream icing:
Ingredients
• 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 500g icing sugar, sifted
• a dash of milk (optional)

Method
In a food processor beat the butter for a few minutes until soft and then add half the icing sugar. Beat until smooth. Now add the rest of the icing sugar and beat until creamy and smooth. If your mixture is too stiff then you might need to add a bit of milk to loosen it slightly.
Add food colouring and beat until well combined.
Have fun decorating the cup cakes!

3 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous!! Adopt me!! I'd like those too, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ze zien er super uit! Er waren denk ik hele blije kinderen in haar klas :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...