Thursday 8 December 2011

Frozen Broccoli Soup

For the first time in my life I decided to make something with the sole purpose to freeze it.
I am just not a big fan of frozen food but I find myself getting home later and later in the evening. That means that we sometimes end up eating very late, especially late for the kids.

Broccoli soup is my first experiment with freezing soup.

The soup is a basic vegetable soup with onion, carrots, broccoli, vegetable stock and a can of butter beans. Bring to the boil and then let it simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and ready to be blended.

I used a hand blender to get it to a nice smooth consistency.

Then it has to cool down completely. Once it is room temperature you can pour it into the freezer container of your choice. I used a freezer bag since I don't have a very big freezer compartment.

Now all I have to do is take it out of the freezer first thing in the morning and heat it up in the evening when I get home.

Sounds easy enough so let's hope it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...