Thursday 19 May 2011

Cheating... Just a little bit

Pasta is definitely a weakness of mine.
Since my huband wasn't home for dinner, I decided to cheat.
Bring on the dairy and some bacon while I'm at it.



My version of oven baked "macaroni" and cheese:
250gr penne
Small tub of sour cream
2 eggs
100gr grated cheese
As many strips of streaky bacon as you like
The ingredients above are enough to serve 2 adults and one child.

Method:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Boil the penne until al dente
Whisk the eggs and sour cream together, add some seasoning (salt, pepper, whatever!)
Drain the pasta and put it into an ovenproof dish
Pour the egg mixture over the pasta
Sprinkle the cheese on top and mix some into the pasta
Lastly, layer the bacon on top and pop into the oven for 20 mins to half an hour, until the egg mixture sets

While the pasta is baking you can put together a quick salad to serve with the pasta. I just use the usual suspects - lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onions.



My little princess loves this pasta dish... Especially with some tomato ketchup on the side.
Tomorrow I will be good again (promises, promises).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...