Tuesday 17 May 2011

Chocolate Guinness Cake... need I say more?

This post is dedicated to my sister in law, Deirdre.
A long time vegetarian and fellow lover of food.

While browsing through a Delicious magazine, I came across this chocolate guinness cake recipe. It haunted me. I had to make it. It turned out pretty good.



I love this magazine, they are really making an effort to include more vegetarian recipes. Have a look at the Delicious Magazine website.
Here is a link to the recipe: Chocolate Guinness Cake

Ironically I did not use Guinness in my version of the cake... the supermarket didn't have any and the liquor store was already closed. So I just grabbed a brown beer in the supermarket which looked similar to Guinness. Bit of a risk but it worked really well.
Of course a friend pointed out to me later that I live around the corner from an Irish Pub.
Yes, how did I miss the obvious? I do not know...

This cake tasted even better the next day, so if you can resist, then wait a day before eating it. Your patience will be rewarded. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...