Wednesday 31 August 2011

The perfect tomato salad

Tomatoes are just perfect, don't you agree?
I am quite happy to have tomatoes with every meal of the day.
Seriously, breakfast, lunch and dinner can all do with some tomatoes.

Today I was lucky enough to arrive home from work to a cooked meal courtesy of my mother. What a pleasure!

I just had to contribute a side dish so I made a very basic tomato salad.
It is based on a Jamie Oliver recipe which I found in one of my many cookbooks.

All you need are some tomatoes (as many as you like in all shapes and sizes, chopped), half a clove of garlic (crushed), some fresh basil leaves, sea salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

That's it.

Combine above ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
Serve and enjoy!



P.S. If you have the time you can halve the tomatoes, sprinkle with some sea salt and then let them stand for twenty minutes in a colander. This enhances the tomato flavour :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...