Thursday 11 August 2011

Pesto pasta

My basil plant was begging to be used and what better use for basil leaves than in pesto.

Yum. Yum. Yum.

One of my fellow bloggers, Jolanda from ongezouten lekker, posted a pesto recipe on her blog. Of course I had to try it out!

As I picked the leaves one by one, the kitchen was filled with the unmistakable aroma of fresh basil. I blitzed all the ingredients together in my food processor and admired the beautiful green pesto.

It was delicious. I mixed it into penne pasta and then added some sauteed onions, mushrooms and courgette.

I repeat: simply delicious!




To see the Dutch version of Jolanda's recipe, click here.
If you don't understand Dutch then here is a quick translation.

Ingredients:
Basil leaves - 20 or more
Pine nuts
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Pecorino cheese (I added slightly more than a tablespoon)
Water as needed

Method:
Combine all ingredients in the food processor and add water as needed to help to make the mixture smooth.

Mix into cooked pasta, then add sauteed veggies and serve with some grated Pecorino cheese.
Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Wat super om te lezen dat je de pesto gemaakt en geproefd hebt! Eten kan zo eenvoudig lekker zijn. Je bewijst het maar weer met je eigen variatie met pesto!
    Haha, mijn buik reageert direct: KNOR.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...