Tuesday 10 April 2012

Kids Food #15 - Penne and Cheese

Yes I am a big lover of macaroni and cheese.
The home made kind.
Not the kind that comes in a box with all kinds of weird artificial stuff in it.

I like it the way my mom has made it for years and years.
My kids like it too.


For some reason it is impossible to find nice and big macaroni in my supermarket so I always use penne as a substitute, about 250 gram. Cook it, drain it and place it in an ovenproof dish.

Loosely beat 2 eggs, add half a cup of milk and mix well.
Season to your liking. I use pretty much no salt these days, especially when cooking for kids.

Pour this mixture over the pasta and sprinkle grated cheese on top, mixing it in a little here and there, about a hand or two full of cheese.

Place in a preheated oven (190 degrees Celsius) and cook for 20 - 30 minutes until the cheese melts and the egg mixture sets.

Serve up with a salad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...