Wednesday 7 September 2011

Garlic Bread with Vegetarian Pasta

I just love garlic bread.

I will find any excuse to make it, add it to a meal and eat it.

Garlic bread goes really well with just about anything, but I especially love it with a barbecue or with some pasta. Yum yum yum.

All you need is a french loaf, butter and a few cloves of garlic.

Switch on your oven to grill. Melt the butter (I leave it up to you how much you want to use, I usually use about 75 gr or so). The easiest way to melt butter is in the microwave - but start slowly since it melts really quickly!

Peel and then crush the garlic. Add it to the melted butter and stir. Now let it stand for a couple of minutes while you slice the french loaf.

Drizzle the garlic butter over the sliced loaf and then place on a baking tray in the oven for more or less 10 minutes. Remember to check the bread every couple of minutes since you don't want to let it burn!

Remove from the oven and enjoy!


We had our garlic bread with a lovely vegetarian pasta and tomato salad. I used an olive ready made pasta sauce which I found in the Lidl, combined with some tomato passata, onions, mushrooms, courgette and Parmesan cheese. Simple and delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Elma, wat klinkt dat weer lekker zeg! Ik ben dol op knoflook!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...