Monday 19 September 2011

Heavenly Hydrophobe

I went to Paris with two good friends to attend a pastry workshop at Le Cordon Bleu.
Just writing the words, Le Cordon Bleu, makes me happy.

What made me just as happy was the dinner we had at Restaurant L'Hydrophobe.

It was glorious and delicious traditional French cuisine and the service was great.

We asked the concierge at the hotel for a suggestion nearby and he deserves a gold star for this recommendation. Not only was the food fantastic, but the prices were extremely reasonable and they had a 3 course menu for 35 euro per person.

Everything on the menu is in French, but our waiter kindly translated for us.

I had a chicken dish, soft and perfectly cooked with a subtle sauce, seasonal mushrooms and beautiful vegetables. My friends had steak in a red wine sauce, and slow cooked lamb respectively. We were all in heaven.

Then we ordered dessert, of course.

Chocolate fondant with sorbet... melt in your mouth yummy.

I can gladly recommend Restaurant L'Hydrophobe to anyone who finds themselves in Paris, France!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...