Wednesday 11 January 2012

Bacon Wrapped Cherries

Bacon and cherries.

You might think this is a strange combination but trust me, it works wonderfully.

I first ate this when I was still a teenager so I have very fond memories of this bite sized snack. In fact, I used to make it for myself in my microwave when I was a student and missing home... I didn't have an oven in those days but my microwave sure did the trick.

It really is a great party snack :-)



Ingredients:
One packet of streaky bacon
One box of glaced cherries (green or red) OR a jar full of marachino cherries.
Regardless of the type of cherry you decide to use, just make sure it is pitted!
Toothpicks

Method:
Heat up the oven to about 200 degrees Celsius
Separate the bacon strips and lay them out in an oven dish
Place on cherry at the top of the bacon strip and roll up.
Stick a toothpick through the bacon and cherry.
Repeat until you have used all the bacon.
Place the oven dish in the oven for about 25 minutes.
You might want to leave it in there a bit longer depending on how crispy you like your bacon.

Serve up and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...