Monday 21 May 2012

Samoa M&M Blondies

Did I tell you that I went to join the gym?
Yes, I made it all the way to reception.
There they told me that unfortunately the system was down, I should come back some other day.
Seriously?

So instead of joining the gym I continue to bake.
It's kind of my own very special exercise.
Let me tell you that baking with two small children has its challenges...

I decided to bake Samoa M&M Blondies, but I did not have all the ingredients so mine turned out looking more like brownies.

They were pretty good.
Very, very, very sweet and unfortunately very addictive.
I'm definitely still thinking about joining the gym.



Here is a link to the recipe on Eat at Allies blog. Go and check out the original recipe.

Here is my improvised recipe with the ingredients I had available and I converted everything into metric measurements.

Note: I improvised extensively and I will probably never be able to recreate it exactly as it was today!! Also it is best eaten on the day you bake it.

Ingredients:

281 gram unsalted butter
350 gram packed brown sugar
112 gram granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
375 gram all-purpose flour
100 gram desiccated coconut (Next time I will add more)
250 gram M&Ms (with a few reserved for the top)

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 9×13 inch pan with baking paper.
Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it browns and begins to smell nutty (watch it closely so it doesn’t burn). Allow the butter to cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned butter and sugars.
Stir in eggs, vanilla and salt.
Add the flour and stir just until combined.
Add  the coconut and M&Ms and stir to combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
Sprinkle a few additional M&Ms on top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Let the blondies cool completely before turning them out onto a cutting board and slicing into squares.

Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Hi, hi, daar gaan je goede voornemens dan!
    Ga je een andere keer weer proberen?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...