Tuesday 2 October 2012

Breakfast Memories

Breakfast is BIG in South Africa.
Not so big in the Netherlands.

Pretty much every restaurant in South Africa serves breakfast, from very early until late. And when I say breakfast I mean eggs, bacon, toast, sausages, hash browns, fried tomatoes, bottomless coffee, everything.

Growing up we used to go out for breakfast once a week. It's just what you do.
And if you don't go out for breakfast then you make it yourself.
You go big or go home.

Now I know that you simply should not eat fried eggs and bacon every single morning.
(You shouldn't but how I wish that I could...)
A lazy weekend breakfast indulgence is allowed every now and again.
Especially when all you need to do is show up.

Now that my kitchen is out of bounds I seem to crave a big breakfast more than ever.
Looking at these photo's taken a month ago in South Africa simply makes my mouth water.
Let's fry some eggs!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...