Monday 15 October 2012

Kitchen Progress

Once again it was a busy weekend in terms of DIY.
Although it feels like we are doing so much, the results are not quite as visible as I'd like them to be.
We started unpacking a few things, connected the light fittings, installed a light outside, sanded the kitchen counter, gave the walls a primer and filled in lots of gaps everywhere. I bought paint for one of the walls. Truth be told I was in quite a rush and I have no idea what the color will look like on the wall. Mild Ocean. Can you picture it?

The last trip to Ikea was disastrous. Stella would not stop screaming.

Difficult is an understatement.

I cannot wait to be able to leave her at the children's play are with Heidi, but it is a while still before that will be possible.

We survived.

Hopefully this week (after work and late at night) we will manage to do the following:
- paint the wall;
- put up a few shelves;
- build the microwave oven unit and fix it to the wall;
- connect the new oven to the gas and electricity and move it into place;
- put up the extractor unit;
- unpack more of the boxes filling up my living room.

What will I be cooking this week? Well, it is certainly a mystery.
I'll be using my griddle toaster and microwave oven.



Have a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. Ziet er veelbelovend uit! Ben heel benieuwd naar de kleur op de muur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ook... ik ben heel benieuwd (en een beetje bang;-))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...