Thursday 2 June 2011

Banana and Apple Muffins

Now this is yet another winner of a muffin recipe.
I had a few ripe bananas and some apples which had to be used as soon as possible.
One can never have enough muffins, right?
Especially since these freeze really well.




Here is a link to the original recipe which I found on a blog called 'the Goddess's kitchen'. She has some excellent recipes on there.

Ingredients
3 very ripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
2 eggs
250g plain flour
100g caster sugar
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 eating apples, cored, peeled and cubed

Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan oven/gas mark 6 and line a 12-bun muffin tin with muffin papers.

Mash the bananas and set aside for a moment. Pour the oil into a jug and beat in the eggs. Put the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl and mix in the beaten-egg-and-oil mixture, followed by the mashed bananas. Fold in the chopped apples and then place equal quantities in the prepared muffin tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.



This recipe worked really well for me and I made about 16 muffins with the ingredients above. I still have some frozen, patiently waiting for when I need a little treat.




2 comments:

  1. Great recipe. I used wholemeal flour instead of regular flour and grated the apple instead of cubes. I also made mini muffins and my 15mth old loved them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also started grating the apple - it's much quicker :-). Good idea on the wholemeal flour - will give it a try next time!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...