Wednesday 29 June 2011

Lunch at Zussen

I joined a friend for lunch at a restaurant in Utrecht called Zussen (which translates to sisters).

It is very trendy and has a lovely interior. The restaurant has a children's play area in the basement which meant showing up with two small children wasn't a problem. Heidi was very impressed with the toys - my only problem was that it felt isolated and I did not feel comfortable leaving her downstairs alone.

The food was good and the service too. I had a wholewheat roll with buffalo mozzarella, tomato and pesto. Heidi enjoyed some delicious poffertjes.

I think this restaurant is probably more suited for after work drinks and hopefully I will get a chance to go there one evening (I can but dream...).




After lunch we strolled across the road to the Sint Willibrord Church. It was renovated not too long ago and it is the first time I've been inside.

What a beautiful church! My breath was taken away by this special place.
Definitely worth a visit if you are ever nearby.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...