Thursday 11 July 2013

Apple Buttermilk Muffins

Yet another use for buttermilk - muffins!
I know, I know, I bake lots of cupcakes and muffins but now that I have more time I cannot help myself. My little helpers love baking too...

These apple buttermilk muffins were delicious and did not last very long.



Here is a link to the recipe which I found on a website called Homegrown and Healthy and here is a copy:

Ingredients:
1 cup self-raising flour
¾ cup plain flour
½ cup traditional rolled oats
¼ cup caster sugar
60g butter, melted, cooled
1 ½ cups buttermilk
1 lightly beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 green apples, peeled, grated
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Instructions
Preheat oven to 190C and line a muffin pan with paper cases.
Combine flours, oats, and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add butter, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Mix until just combined then fold in the apple.
Spoon mixture evenly between the cases and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and just firm to the touch. Stand in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...