Thursday 4 July 2013

Meatballs!

The kids seem to really like Ikea meatballs so I decided to try and make some at home.
Of course I don't have their recipe and I have no clue what their special trick is to make them so appealing to kids (and grownups)...

But hey, I like experimenting and I was happy with the results.
Unfortunately the kids immediately pointed out that it was not Ikea meatballs they were eating. Heidi at least managed to eat all the meatballs on her plate and that is always a good sign!



You know I'm terrible at giving exact measurements but here is roughly what I did - my suggestion is to play with whatever ingredients you have.

Ingredients:
250 gram pork minced meat
1 egg
dash of salt
1/4 cup meat stock
1 tablespoon melted butter, slightly cooled
1/2 white onion - grated finely
breadcrumbs - I used japanese breadcrumbs because I had them on hand. I think I used about 1 cup, maybe less.

Method:
Mix everything together in a big bowl.
Add more breadcrumbs if your mixture consistency is too runny - you need to be able to roll a little ball in the palm of your hand and it should keep its shape.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Place meatballs in a lightly greased ovenproof dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
You might want to turn up the heat at the end to give it a bit of colour.
Serve with pretty much anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...