Thursday 18 July 2013

Tuna Pasta Salad

Hot weather calls for cold food.
Hence a pasta salad for dinner.
I must admit that I'm pretty happy with this tuna pasta salad.
The sweet corn and salty green olives really worked well together.
Can I make this pasta salad twice in one week... I just might!


Here's my recipe. 

Ingredients:

250 gram penne pasta (uncooked)
1 can of tuna (in water or oil, depending on your preference)
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green olives (pitted), finely chopped
1/2 of a large cucumber, chopped
1 can sweet corn kernels (medium sized can)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used a light version)
The juice of one lemon
A sprig of fresh parsley, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Cook the pasta and let it cool down
Prepare the rest of the ingredients and simply add to the cold pasta.
Add the lemon juice, olive oil and mayo last.
Mix it well and enjoy! 

P.S. you might want to add more mayo. I'm trying to be good so I used as little mayo as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...