Tuesday 9 July 2013

Spinach Pesto

You know how I feel about spinach, don't you?
Even though I fully understand the green goodness this vegetable represents, I just don't like it much.
My husband on the other hand loves it. He will eat it all day long.
What is wrong with the man?

I had a mountain of spinach in the last streekkrat I received. Oh joy.
For a few minutes I actually contemplated freezing it or giving it to the neighbour.
Luckily my husband suggested spinach pesto.
Definitely a winner!



I figured it should be similar to making regular pesto so here's what I did:

Add three tablespoons of pine nuts and three chopped cloves of garlic to your food processor.
Cover it with spinach and blend it. Add some olive oil (I must have added about two tablespoons, maybe three in total) and more spinach, keep on blending.
Add a handful of basil leaves, a dash of salt, a bit of olive oil and more spinach. Blend, blend, blend.
Add about a handful of grated parmesan cheese and blend some more. I must have added about 6 big handfuls of fresh spinach.
It is ready when you have a nice smooth consistency.
Taste and adjust the seasoning to your personal preference.

Mix into cooked pasta and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...