Tuesday 19 July 2011

Ikea Rye Bread

I've never actually baked a bread. It's just not something that I've tried before.

My friend Yolande told me about the Ikea rye bread which she often bakes so I thought I should give it a go. The bread mix comes in a box and all you have to do is add water! Surely this is something I could do...

I followed the instructions to the letter - add water, shake for 45 seconds, pour into bread tin, let it rise for 45 minutes and then bake at 200 degrees Celsius for an hour.

It came out o.k. Unfortunately it had some dry spots here and there (guess I didn't shake the mix well enough). Next time I will shake even more vigorously and add 10 minutes to the baking time.

The bread was served with a simple lentil vegetable soup. At least the soup went down very well on this cold and rainy 'summer' evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...